Saturday, June 18, 2011

Major build complete - beginning testing

I finished wiring up the X-axis this morning, man do I hate working with this shielded cable. It has a tight weave of metal strips similar to chinese fingercuffs. The wiring underneath that has some sort of indestructible insulation which doesn't work with wire strippers so I had to use an exacto knife to slice off enough to attach connectors. A real pain that took about 40 minutes per cable:

I then wired up the hot end so I could cure the ceramic adhesive I applied yesterday. I found that repsnapper will continue to drive the heater even after you turn it off if there is no thermistor connected!!! Good thing I was monitoring the output with a DVM. I then built the hot end, installed the thermistor and got it all mounted and tested the extruder.

I have spent about 4 hours now dinking with skeinforge settings and attempting to print without destroying the machine, since I still haven't installed the endstops. Its been a lot of reading f the G-Code wiki and skeinforge documents. I'll upload some pics once I have something I can actually photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment