- Slice up an STL using skeinforge with the settings I want to try.
- Turn on the printer, move the head away from the bed and start heating the nozzle to 185C.
- On the GCode tab of repsnapper, delete all but the first 3 lines of GCode from the box
- Load the skeinforge GCode
- Once the file is completely loaded, move the print head down so it is just barely above the glass bed.
- Move the head in X only to get it off the glass bed, test run the extruder to make sure everything is working, then move back to where we want the origin.
- Send a manual GCode G92 X0 Y0 Z0 E0 to set the origin
Sunday, June 19, 2011
Process for printing
Here's the process I use to make a print. I had some trouble figuring it out from other blogs and the reprap wiki.