Sunday, June 19, 2011

Process for printing

Here's the process I use to make a print. I had some trouble figuring it out from other blogs and the reprap wiki.

  1. Slice up an STL using skeinforge with the settings I want to try.
  2. Turn on the printer, move the head away from the bed and start heating the nozzle to 185C.
  3.  On the GCode tab of repsnapper, delete all but the first 3 lines of GCode from the box
  4. Load the skeinforge GCode
  5. Once the file is completely loaded, move the print head down so it is just barely above the glass bed.
  6. Move the head in X only to get it off the glass bed, test run the extruder to make sure everything is working, then move back to where we want the origin.
  7. Send a manual GCode G92 X0 Y0 Z0 E0 to set the origin
  8. Print!
I suppose I should just add the origin GCode to my skeinforge preface code, add that to the list of things to work on...

No comments:

Post a Comment